3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
3:30 PM - 4:25 PM
3:30 PM - 4:25 PM
3:30 PM - 4:15 PM
3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
4:35 PM - 5:35 PM
Enrollment 2016-17 School Year
Enrollment Forms & Complete Information
First Round Has Closed. Families will be notified by February 19th.
Second Round Choice Enrollment Waitlist Opens February 12th
Visiting & Tours
From 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Please RSVP 303-231-9801 x253 or email
NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS FOR CORPORATE CIRCLE
- The City of Golden will re-stripe and reconfigure traffic patterns on both Corporate Circle and Conference Place around Free Horizon Montessori.
- Changes will be in effect Tuesday, February 16th.
- Please take time to familiarize and prepare for the changes with the information and maps.
SNOW DAY CLUB & ENRICHMENT MAKE UP DAYS
- ATA Martial Arts - no make up, already had their presentation class
- Bricks 4 Kidz - Make up date , regular time
- Sticky Fingers Cooking - Make up date , regular time
- Game Design - Make up date , regular time
- Eco Club - Make up date , regular time
- Art Club - Make up , regular time
- Intro to Game Design - Make up , regular time
- Choir - Make up on Tuesday the 23rd, regular time
- Chess Wizards - Make up date on Wednesday the 24th, regular time
SESSION 3 CLUBS & ENRICHMENT
- More information on Clubs page
- Download the FHM Clubs registration form
- Download the Clubs & Activities Flyer
- DEADLINE is Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon
- Free Horizon is offering 6 sessions this summer with full or half day options.
- Early Bird is open through Friday, March 11th.
- Save $5 - $10 per session with Early Bird
- Siblings save $10 off session price.
- All payments due by May 2nd or May 16th depending on session.
- Early Bird Primary Registration Form
- Early Bird Elementary Registration Form
- Early Bird Primary Sibling Registration Form
- Early Bird Elementary Sibling Registration Form
- More Information on the Camps page
- Make Your Voice Heard (MYVH) is a student survey that Jeffco Public Schools administer to students in grade 2 through 12. MYVH has been given to Jeffco students for over a decade. MYVH is administered every other year to all Jeffco Schools students, but is available for schools to administer every year. MYVH is a survey designed to promote engagement in school, improves the school learning environment, and combats problems such as bullying. Free Horizon Montessori will be giving students the survey between now and February 12th, 2016.
- If you do not want your child to participate, please contact FHM Principal, Kresta Vuolo, by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 1st.
- Click here for more information on the survey
SCHOOL VIDEO - EYE OF THE TIGER
- Watch our newest school video - The Eye of the Tiger - filmed December 2015
for all absences, late arrivals or early pick ups.
303-231-9801 ext. 200
Solar Array Dashboard
Hot Lunch Program
|LE Field Trip Form||Jeffco Public Schools|
|Carline Feedback||Jeffco Connect|
|FHM on Facebook||Jeffco Schoology|
|Student & Parent Handbook||School Closures|
|Pre-Arranged Absence Form|
|Staff List & Office Hours|
|Eye of the Tiger Video|
We are a Jeffco Charter Public School Serving Children in Preschool through 8th Grade
The FHM Vision: We seek to transform our community by developing students who pursue their full potential, understand their global responsibilities, and respect others, self, and the environment.
Individualized InstructionOur students reflect the rich diversity of our world and come with various ability levels. Progression through the curriculum is based on demonstrated mastery rather than grade level. Accordingly, this allows children to move forward in their studies in relation to their ability. Those who are struggling with a skill, get the extra support required. This individualized approach provides optimum opportunity for growth and success.
Engaging CurriculumOur rich curriculum includes zoology, botany, earth science, geography, history, literature, mathematics, music, art, physical education, world languages and cultures, and the life skills of organization, planning, and prioritization. This coupled with lively instruction and targeted lessons supports students in making connections in life. Our goal is to have students interact with the lesson in a way that encourages ever-deepening levels of understanding.
Strong CommunityWe are proud of our highly qualified educators whose dedication inspire and support each child in reaching his or her greatest potential. Involved parents advance the value of education through volunteering time and effort while strengthening the connection between home and school. Our students are happy, excited, inspired and deeply involved in learning.
Quick Links for Parents
Financial TransparencyFree Horizon Montessori partners with Jeffco Public Schools to comply with all laws pertaining to Colorado public school financial transparency. For more information, please visit the Finance and Budget page of the Jeffco Public Schools website. Free Horizon's financial transparency files are found on its Finance Committee page.
All Jeffco schools use Jeffco Connect for entering and storing information formerly provided on the Student Information and Emergency Card. If you have a Jeffco Parent Portal account, please access Jeffco Connect using that same user name and password so that you can update information for all of your children. If your child has ever attended a Jeffco Public School, Jeffco preschool, or been assessed or received services through Child Find but you do NOT have a Parent Portal account, please access Jeffco Connect through the email invitation sent to your email address. If you have never had a child in a Jeffco Public School, Jeffco preschool, or received assessments or services through Child Find, please click here to create your parent account and complete the information for your students during the annual registration process. Jeffco Connect is the new online payment system for Jeffco Schools.
Online Student Information & Emergency Cards
We utilize Jeffco Connect for sending school newsletters, weekly updates, emergency closure and other important information. School Messenger uses email addresses and phone numbers provided to us during registration. To update information, please contact the front office. Please note that the phone system only calls numbers with a (303) or (720) prefix.
Student Attendance & Pre-Arranged AbsencesAttendance Line: 303.231.9801 x300
Pre-Arranged Absence Form
Consistent attendance is vital for every student's success. With this in mind, we ask families to schedule vacations during times when school is not in session. Colorado passed a policy clarifying attendance rules for public schools that went into effect during the 2009-10 school year. Refer to the current FHM Student and Parent Handbook for additional information regarding attendance. Please note that the Pre-Arranged Absence Form should be submitted to the front office at least three (3) days but no more than one month prior to the planned absence. Because approval or denail is based on student academic standing and attendance record at the time of the planned absence, forms will be processed on the third day before the planned absence.
Community Support Network
When Free Horizon Montessori was established in 2002, the founders also created a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation named the Free Horizon Montessori Foundation. The purpose of the foundation was to serve as the fundraising arm of the school and provide an independent bank account from which the school could draw upon to support itself. In 2006, the Foundation Board reorganized and renamed itself the Community Support Network (or CSN). The CSN’s name is derived from its commitment to support the Free Horizon Montessori community both financially and in spirit. Its focus is to build community, organize volunteer opportunities, fundraise, support our families and staff, and enhance the educational programming at our school. We strive to support Individualized Education, Engaging Curriculum, and Strong Community for our school and our children.